Frequently Asked Questions:
1) How are you feeling? Queasy and tired, thanks. And you?
2) How far along are you? 18 weeks. And, yes, still regularly visited by the quease. The second trimester is a myth. So is the “morning” in morning sickness. Just so you know. Oh, and I have to pee. Again.
3) When are you due? February 11 – give or take a few days. Yes, a Valentine’s baby. No, Cupid and Valentine are not naming options.
4) Okay, so are there any names that you do want to use? Yes.
5) Well, what are they? A surprise. They are a surprise. They are also subject to change. We’ll announce in February.
6) Girl or boy? Yes, we hope so. Oh, you mean, which one? We’ll know in a few weeks, but we have some preliminary results. We’re just waiting for backup to know for certain. Don’t want to announce one and have it turn out to be the other after all.
7) So you’re going to find out? Yup. That’s the plan. I never was big on surprises.
9) Is this your first? Yes. Otherwise you’d probably have seen me mention other children a time or two.
10) So is this why you haven’t written in a while? Or, visited my blog? (Not to sound pouty, but…) Yeah, among other things. Like the flu (which is no fun without Dayquil, let me tell you). And multiple internet outages (still). And a very busy time at work.